Sunday, September 6, 2015

I drove my car up Cypress today. Gearing down through the corners wasn't nearly as exciting in a Mazda3. I kept envisioning the wind and the adrenalin of the lean. And then hiking which is a lot like riding. You pick a trail and you conquer the wide open space. I have not ridden nearly enough this year. I have enjoyed the roads of Mount St. Helen's...I have seen the desert of the now scorched Lake Chela area...I have loved Leavenworth with the river that beckons for visitors not only to stroll by, but stroll in..I have been up the Sea to Sky and onward to the Duffy Lake road and the breakfast in Lilloet that always surpasses my expectations....I have wandered through my neighbourhood to River Road both east and west and found the peace that only water can bring. My iPod and phone have amazed me with bluetooth technology a gift from my son...I have almost conquered dirt, sand and tar...but there feels like so much more in store...Not sure I want to race...though I have that personality..but I do know that the fears I conquer are worthy of the mountains I climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment