Saturday, September 8, 2012

lanes

A few times I realize I am in the wrong lane. Sometimes I just can't keep up with everyone else and I need to move over. Other times I am not riding at my own speed and I am eager to find that space to push past. I notice at times ego is involved. I am riding along just fine and a surge of something that wants to prove myself compels me to twist the throttle and gun it. The momentary exhilaration quells the hunger and my logical, practical brain kicks in. Lest you are watching closely, you might not notice the inconsistency of my speeds. He notices. "Why were you going so slow?" he asks? To which I wonder why the query... At times I want the wind in my face..and other times I enjoy the draft of someone else. Sometimes it is the destination that compels the throttle...For me this would be after 9:00pm as I am an early riser and my energy fades at sunset...I just want to get home. Sometimes...it is the challenge of the road or a rider....and sometimes...I just want the adrenalin to kick in. I am trying to pick the right lane more times than not. The lane that I feel comfortable and safe in, yet still allows me to ride in a way that keeps the challenge in front of me. It might be good advice for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment