Thursday, June 14, 2012

Every now and then I realize I have a growth spurt. I liken it to reaching the next level on MarioKart or PacMan. The understanding of timing, gaps, speed, corners becomes sharpened and it all seems to align with gliding like a flow. It does not escape my notice that the cockiness I had riding two years ago should shame me now. I know now what I did not know....I know now I know very little. Racing - well it felt that way to me - through the rural road in perfect unison with others and yet solo, my awareness at the movement of inches, the flutter on the tarmac and all my senses heightened. I feel meant to tame a wild horse even if it is iron. There is a feeling of invincibility mixed with vulnerability. The balance necessary to keep my head on straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment