Sunday, February 20, 2011

The sunshine beckoned us to venture on the Guzzi. Some call me adventurous, others question my sanity, as did I when I could no longer feel my fingers. Was it spectacular though to ride through agrarian roads with memories of the distant path in barely more than a tee-shirt? It was. To drink in the fresh dusting of snow on the panoramic mountains, to see the sparkle of frost on the trees and ponds was ethereal. Although my fingers have yet to recover, my heart was restored to the appreciation of all that we have within our grasp. Two eagles on the top of a tree, resting and enjoying the scenery are among the sights that take my breath away. The wide open sky - the bare trees reminding me that death means birth, and cold thwapping against my cheeks, invigorating me. We return, numb and cold in bones and alive and refreshed in spirit. Spring is just around the corner!! Bring it on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment