Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So - I have my fingers crossed again. This time for me. I am going to look at a smaller bike. I hear some of you groan, but bear in mind that I am stretching to hit five feet tall and I want to have the confidence to just take off on my own at any time of the day. Not that I don't love riding with Ken. I do. But if I am into this, then it is for me. It has to be that I want to get out without him taking it up the driveway. Perhaps it was all the compassion when the seat fell off that made me realize I am truly on my own....or maybe it was the time I launched a trials bike into a rock face and Ken admitted that he wasn't sure if he should go to me or the bike first. Right then and there I knew that if I was going to do something, it had better be something I can handle. And so it should. If not am I really riding? The mantra I hear is "poser" to many....and that I do not want to be. So when I ride up beside you and my horn goes beep-beep like the sound from a bicycle, at least you will know I got it out and up on my own and proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment