Tuesday, October 6, 2009

taking advantage of the sunshine....

Anxious to get out again I convinced Ken to come for a ride. I needed gas so he is always handy with the paying and the filling....but alas, Ken takes off leaving a blue trail behind him (the Yamaha RD) and I crank the throttle and crawl for 100 feet....I had the wherewithall to put my blinker on and crawl up the hill. My throttle cable had snapped. So the rest of the ride was uneventful, save for the doubling on the two-stroke. My feet were abuzz and it felt kind of old school to be so loud on such a small bike...two up!! I was listening for the gearing. Ken tells me it takes a bit to get used to revving it so high. Looks like I am out of commission for a bit. We have a cable on order and hopefully will get it fixed before the rainy season hits Vancouver. Did I mention that I am looking for a Honda Rebel or Suzuki Mirauder? I have decided that being on the small side I like the idea of being able to handle the bike at all times. If you have one for sale let me know by leaving a comment....until the next ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment