Monday, September 28, 2009

gaining confidence

We just taught Samee to drive a standard. The first few attempts were full of tension and frustration. She learned in August and now she feels like driving standard has always been a part of her. I think it is that way with riding my bike. I am gaining confidence and I don't have to think about every little thing now. We were out again on Saturday, just staying local. I think I have solved 1st gear problems. The lag at 80K is nothing I can change. I seem to have to use full throttle before it eventually kicks up 20K more in a second. Ken tells me it is a carb problem...and so I believe him. It "bogs". I don't really care about the technicalities. I actually just care that I can get from point A to point B without thinking.

Saturday we also meandered to a cycle shop in Cloverdale that Ken had heard was selling a '59 panhead. He was disappointed to find it was in fact a '58, which would have meant we would have had to look for a '59 at some point. That is his birth year and so his quest this year has been to find something unique. He mysteriously had a '59 following him through Davenport in September. It was also "for sale".....which to him was serendipitous....except that Davenport is a ways away and to send him back to ride at this time of year seemed a little more effort....so...here we are back to hunting. He is looking for a BMW or Harley....'59...so if you hear of any...comment on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment